Sunday, 15 April 2012

Major Update

Right... Apologies for my lack of blog entries recently as I have been extreamly busy with my Fmp trying to get things done..
My last blog entry was my working on high poly rock creation (that seems like weeks ago now!) SUfficed to say I figured out a way to make a quick low poly version. So much though it was laughable. As I was using the turbosmooth to get the distortions in the rock face.. Simply setting their values to 0 made a lower version of about 300 triangles, As I wanted the shape I left it at that but I dare say I could lower even more.
Then after that it was whittling down my list of 124 odd assets to be modeled and textured.
Here are all my models; Counting on screen it wont add up to 124 as Iv not taken into account my animals (which ill have to export with animations later to not confuse UDK.. and myself..) and a few other misc assets which need to be reexported which will be done later.




As im right in my Fmp now I didnt document everything which I did, basically the foliage used the same techniques as previous with the high to low bake onto alphas. The rocks were all done the same way with some rock textures I taken from Bradgate. Other models were done from my reference of Norfolk. The Ivy (well the leaves) were referenced on a walk around my area. The piers were based on assassins creed, textures reference from my Norfolk snaps.

I used exactly the same techniques used that I have mentioned previous in my blog and this is them.

I finished these assets a week or so ago and since then have been reshaping my terrain quite a lot and placing a few of my assets around, this is not in anyway finished yet but these last couple of weeks im confident I can get it done.

NOTE: THE SKYDOME SEEN HERE IS NOT MINE AND IS ONLY PLACED FOR DEMONSTRATION PURPOSES
NOTE2: THE LIGHTING WILL BE A NIGHT/DAY CYCLE AND WHAT THE ACTUAL DIRECTION IT IS LIKELY TO CHANGE





























OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKAY So there you have it, quite a lot gone on since my last post and again as I have to now finish working on it there may not be another post for a few days..

Some areas seen above are to be finished and placed properly,
Now ill make a list of what else I think needs doing;

-Sort out foliage near start of level,
-place some ivy at start of level
-Make Clumps of foliage around fence posts,
-Make a few crack and indenting decals,
-On the street section dirty and place more assets around, barrels, waterbuts outside, pile of logs
-Make some shorter grass to scruff up the market a little more
-Have some ivy climbing more of the beams, and cover harsh edges of things with grass and other foliage
-Grass Undercarts
-Straw Decals
-Twig Decals
-Ruts in the ground for cart decals,
-Make an instance of the market mesh and adjust colours a bit to make each more unique
-Make instances of other materials and add a more earthy element to it with Gradiants/Multiply Nodes
-Grass around edges of paths
-Make some bramble bushes and spread around level
-Make a culdren tripod for my little hidden area
-Make the wheat more golden looking
-Place rocks underthe water sections
-Muddy up the boat area
-Finish terrain repainting
-Adjust pivot poitns for ropearoundwood
-Lighten the shadows as they are too harsh
-Make my own skydome (went to Beacon Hill for another panorama which ill have to edit
-and make a few material instances of the tree leaves to vary slightly.

SO.. Lots to do but Im confident Ill be able to get this done... Until Next time..

1 comment:

  1. OK, beginning to look a bit more natural now and less like a table top trainset. I still think your trees could be better - at least one or two 'hero' trees for example to aid the navigation or sense of place through placement of 'landmarks'.

    Have a look here for some great trees:

    http://www.tree-pictures.com/beech_tree_pictures.html

    ReplyDelete