Friday, 21 October 2011

Feedback from presentation

This presentation actually went really well, I got good positive feedback from the lecturers.

I basically told them about my trip to Norfolk on the ship with all the riverside wild and plant life and general atmosphere. In fact the river side section will play a small part, will act more of an environment than something which the player can go down. As nice as it is on the Norfolk broads the rivers tend to look the same with the same sort of life and I don't think to explore that would be that interesting. For a Game Level i cant see that working particularly well, I thought it might be fun to have the rivers cut off. The Saxon village however played a larger role and I really wanted an element of it being a working town. I did stress however that I didn't want it exactly like the village I went to, for one thing that wouldn't be particulary original and the 2nd.. Saxon villages are in fact VERY boring with just a few buildings plonked around randomly.
My main influences were from Assassins creed and Fable with these set up market stalls which is part of towns life, in terms of era yes my reference is Anglo-Saxon but I hope to have it a bit more than that - perhaps a little more updated. Honestly I don't know exactly what sort of time period i'm going for.

Anyway yes as said to many others the next stage now is to start thinking about whiteboxing. I seriously need to form sort of layout as for the moment its all in the air.

I felt a little better after presenting as I was concerned that my idea may have seemed too cliche and uninteresting, I pretty much have the go-ahead now so I now have the confidence to continue with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment