Thursday, 13 October 2011

Progress


Well I spent a bit of time last week typing up my ideas for the fmp and getting some reference from games as I had plenty of phtographic reference from my trip to Norfolk. I am just about to get some comments from Chris about my idea and hopefully get me more on track with what to do. I did a small concept page for my idea but nothing dead set, it needs redone to be honest.

Im still unsure for the amount of natural things to do, I might need to focus more on the human element to give it more of an edge of being a settlement.

Im certain that only doing the saxon houses from that area, as good as my reference is, wouldnt really be enough. They definatly need updated in the way of chimneys, proper doors and windows. Im not really that keen on going down the cartoonistic style as seen in the Fable games as its not really what id like to go into - I want to keep it in the realistic stylisation but Im also held back by the amount of foliage I may have to model. Obviously I will have to do some of these elements but not be engulfed by doing loads of different sorts. I might like to have in the "center" of the area some sorts of cobbled street or area to acompany the surroundings.

In terms of lighting I seem to be steering more towards the strong daylight time but im worried that if I do that everything is going to look quite childish, It may be nicer to try and do it during late afternoon/evening as I could get quite nice shaders going on with the water reflection. These are things I have to figure out how to do. Arguably I could do it as a sky which changes from morning to night like in the Fable games but im not entirely sure if I should go about it. These are things I have to discuss.



This was my 2nd concept test this time making a small scene in max and doing a paint over to tryout my ideas. This went quite well actually, as I was primarily painting over than editing it looks a little too "perfect" for that sort of environment, and obviously this was only buildings with nothing else. As I mentioned before I still wasn't interested in bright midday summer theme which was happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment