In this trek I went out at around 18:00 in hope to get some lighting reference for the transition between afternoon and evening which I was going for in my previous concepts.

I really liked the image of the wooden walkway towards the middle of the image, especially how the light touches it. As far as I know this is treated wood with some special coating which in the era im looking around would not have , but I like how its reacting. For the little wooden section near the water which I may have, taking a closer look at these might be helpful.

This next one is just after the sunset where there is the blue atmosphere but with very little light visible from the sun. Obviously the brighter images are at a different time of day, this was actually walking into uni on one of our early life drawing sessions and I liked how it was captured.
In fact at this point with my rooftop project I was working with skydomes and just playing around with moving the sun around, and you know I think having some sort of night/day cycle may help my project look even more interesting. Having it lit at different times of day will make it interesting for the shadows and ambient lighting. For my rooftop test it was only moving the sun around without actually changing the environmental sections.

No comments:
Post a Comment