Monday, 12 March 2012

Getting sorted

Right today id like to make a start on some more of the tier1 assets for my level, this time on the market stalls - how many ill do Im thinking around 3-4 but we will see how it goes.

I need to fill out my asset list with my updated models and also do a count for textures so I know where im at.

80,000 was my tri limit and 120mb for textures ill do this first so I can ready myself and also sort out my folder structures.

Ok so updating my asset list im at 35388/80000 triangles
and as for textures 52mb/120mb. With the texture ill continue as I am then if I realize that some files are rediculously big I shall rescale later on.

Ok so on with the market stalls

Looking at my research and reference, not to mention the other elements in my level there is a lot of wood everywhere and I think it might be interesting to have a bit of material, so i was thinking for my market stalls I could have a sort of canvas around the back which could maybe flap in the wind. It would add a unique texture to the area as well as a different colour to make it a little more interesting.





Ill like a little table also but I think ill make a separate model for that so I can position where I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment