
So With this I looked over that first tutorial again and went through the stages and it actually worked this time! (I did have settings from yesterday on a seperate material but I customised with the tutorial to get my desired effect) Still it remains very opaque and Ill have to look over the settings so it fades out at the sides. Again tweeking is nessesary but its comming together now!

The issue though is that the sun doesn't look like a sun on this, but just a circle which needs addressed also.


Ok so now I need to tweek it in my level as the sizes are different between BSP planes and all. It looks a bit iffy at the moment but thats because I dont have a skydome yet. Once i get a good texture it will look a lot better, ill borrow one for the moment while I test it.

Right getting a bit tired of water for the moment So thought I could make a few lillypad decals which can go on the surface.

Unfortunatly it didnt work as planned and went through my BSP plane and onto the terrain underneath.. Damn.
Well I have 2 options now - to either try on a proper bsp brush which might not allow the reflection to work as well or simply make a little model and apply the texture with an alpha channel applied.
No comments:
Post a Comment