In this case I started from the bottom going up.

I thought using the paint selection bit by bit is probably the way to go.
fairly quickly got it to this stage working on the dock area.

The idea of the boat house being connected from the ground going into the water area but rather than having the boathouse on 1 level, have some stairs going up to get to the proper level - might be quite interesting. Then the docks near by near a little beach where a couple of boats can be left (those not wealthy enough to have their own boathouse) As for trees around im not so sure about them but like iv seen in Fable I quite liked the idea for the area to be quite rockey with grass growing over it.
As before this will be ongoing throughout the day and hopefully ill get another whitebox made to aid in exactly what im wanting.

Bit further along..

Now While making this I decided that rather than having a huge open area to condence everything after placed, I tend to find from experience with the rooftop that more enclosed is better for the player to look around, has to have a balance between open and enclosed. While labeling this image actually I was playing with the idea of having an older unused pier and fishing hut away from the newer section. Having a difference of older and newer may be interesting to look around.
More progress..
Im still finding it difficult to control but bit by bit it shapes up.

Im trying to bear in mind to condense the area a bit, I moved the entire area forward a little distance. I want to get the sense of things being crammed in as its all they have got. In essance the boating area wont be very popular as it is mainly for the fishermen of the village but even so, trying to get the sense of them making something out of nothing.
More..more!..MORE!

For this progression I thought about having a small farm house which can own a little piece of land bringing in vegetables and fruit to the market each week. Im not sure if ill use this idea with the fruit bushes but its something to explore at least.
No comments:
Post a Comment