Friday, 20 January 2012

Whitebox continued

Ok well I was continue to whitebox but I was still having the problem of not really knowing what the layout would be.

This is my most recent 'completed' one



Out of the others iv done this one seems the most advanced.. BUT im still not feeling it. I seem to be in a bit of a rut, it keeps looking too big and its not really matching what I was after. I dont feel like 3dsmax is the best thing to use for terrain testing. I think now ill export each test asset and arrange in UDK as its terrain editor was friendlier to use.

Now Rather than importing each asset straight away I made myself another little whitebox but without and ground with just a few buildings.



As shown, in my head this was more the sort of thing I was going for.
And below is taking it into UDK and trying just importing and moving the terrain around.





Straight away I was happy with it as I could see it from the players perspective, I think using UDK in this fashion is the way to go but ill export each test asset individually and place them there rather than on max.

So this is a start, the skydome texture is wrong and isn't mine and I wont be using it, just needed a test so get rid of the blackbackground.

Very plain at the moment but its getting there as a whitebox!

No comments:

Post a Comment