Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Plants..



Ok so i got up this morning and tried to finish my "autumn hawkbit", for this I decided to only have 1 head rather than a big bunch of them to save on tris, I can easily make a couple of planes to give the effect of more heads.
I think it works quite well but the head is a bit of a letdown on this one, that is more of a texturing issue more than anything, this was mainly a test and its sucessfull.

This itself is not going to be a major asset and it wont be that large to the player.



Testing in Udk they are actually alright, that is roughly the size they will be, maybe a little smaller. I think their soul purpose is to add a little bit of colour to certain areas. Ill try some mayweed next (the white flowers).



They're alright I suppose, these would be smaller than the hawkbits but it still reached 224 triangles.

I started on the rosebay willowherb


It was going well, apart from the triangle count. Just these flowers got up to 414 tris which I dont think is reasonable for a plant like this. Only the small flowers I think should be modeled. For plants like that rosebay as they are usually in large bushes it may be wiser to make alphas. I could however continue modelling them and take snaps of them for lod's.

as obvious and as cliche as they sound I could model some poppies to throw some colour around, particularly around the little fields I am planning as they seem to go for more for that sort of ground. According to websites they bloom early-mid summer, as my season is more mid/late summer I will have to be careful with this.

Few more plants I may do.
Poppies



Pennywort
Milkthistle
Veronica


My Pennywort


Thistlewip


Well thats me for today I think, its been quite slow going really taking a look back but im slowly getting there. Tomorrow I think ill try and finish this thistle then maybe look at modelling some other small assets (take a break from flowers for a bit)

No comments:

Post a Comment