Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Corrupted whitebox..

I want a bit of a break from birds and try and get my 'half finished' udk whitebox done, opening it up.. it seems that It had corrupted so it looks like ill have to do it again.. Oh well I do know what I had and to be honest I didn't have any intention to use that whitebox for my final thing anyway.
As I now understand how the terrain generator works im confident enough to get it back to where it was and more.

Quickly managed to get the start of the level done.



What im thinking is a little hard to explain in my head and with a lack of assets but what you see here. The player starts up the hill (from a road)and slopes down into this bit. The terrain will be quite rockey and from the players perspective the section on the right is part of a cliff face. Very close to the house there will be quite a sheer drop (player protected by fencing) where a river will be seen quite low surrounded by trees.
The player is directed to the left by this natural obstacle leading directly into the village.



More progress going down into the town, I want the town to be quite compact in shape sort of enclosing the player a little while retaining the open area.





This is pretty close to what I had before it corrupted now, I am pleased with redoing it and I am happier with what im going for. The terrain will be quite rigid in places made out of rock and grass sloping down into the final boat section.

No comments:

Post a Comment