Well yes its going much better now but the only draw back is that its taking a bit longer than my initial tests. Terrain is difficult to work with and in my previous tests It was only along the lines of quickly place it rather than thinking of the entire thing as a whole.
Ill be working on the Whitebox again today but my thoughts at the moment are that what I have has a few too many trees. Ill continue though and see what happens, can always delete trees if im against them.
Again im thinking out loud even while trying to finish the one that I am on! But I think having the level so from the village you can see the river (or at least evidence of one)

Right my comments on this..
Right the docks at the bottom I do quite like and having a field just above it (influenced by Oakfield in Fable 2) about having it raised with a fence around it.
The level continues to go up hill into the village. As I mentioned before I think there may be too many trees, so much that they detract too much from what im trying to acomplish. Then gets to the village which is quite similar in style to my previous whitebox but.. After thinking about having the river visible from the village I think I want to stop this and try again.
What I want to acomplish:
Want to create a riverside settlement which has interesting aspecs to eventually lead the player down to the docks being the "Objective" not as a game but simply as an area to walk. I don't think it should be very forest orientated, The trees should be used to mark where the player cannot go but not done so obviously. A few should be able to be walked around.
I want the village to be self supporting for this market about having someone who works with chickens, fruit and vegetables and fish from the fishing ports. The actual village section I want quite populated with buildings and the like and have the docks quite quiet in comparison. Having it like a filter of Human,bit more natural, then completely natural (being the river at the end. I want it to be a pleasant area to walk through but not namby pamby, cuddely, cute, blegh - The main reason that I want a day/night cycle, also thought it would be quite interesting for the use of lighting and shadows.
For the most I want the buildings inaccessible though there may be a couple of exceptions. I do want a pub building somewhere in the center of town, I think that even small settlements should have a central building.
No comments:
Post a Comment