Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Asset Update



Right, time for a little asset update Since my other assets this is what iv done since then (in between tree tests) Managed to unwrap all also - this is the part of the modelling just before I start with the bigger tier 1 assets (houses and others).
I think iv managed to progress reasonably well though the tree trials - since im unpracticed with them taken a bit of time. Im confident that my next tree I produce will be produced more easily and effectively.

From recent feedback It was suggested that I should try and give all my assets a cruder dimension to them, being made by more primitive tools. As everything is already unwrapped I don't see this causing any trouble, I think opening up each asset again and simply moving the vertices around and bending sections will help. So this is what ill try to do now.

I think what'll benefit the most from doing this are; the little woodenbaskets with lids, the Benches, buckets, baskets, the cauldren maybe, barrel (though not that much) I do not want to add too many more triangles to my models as there other things Ill want to model and make.



^Hardly a pain with time.. though I do not want to rush this. The tier1 assets such as the houses will need a lot of triangles dedicated to this - and will be the most noticable to the player.
With this though, the way iv done this is probably the wisest from a technical point of view. Modelling and unwrapping while its regular and then afterwards adjusting the vertices for the idea of being crafted.

These are assets iv tweaked a little bit, the feedback I recieved was correct, I was a bit hesitant to completly overdo it as they have to functions also. I think a lot of this will be done in the texturing where I can then move vertices with one on them and get it sculpted that way.

It was worth doing and it was done pretty quickly.

1 comment:

  1. FEEDBACK

    Don't forget to apply the 'hand made' look to the major assets as well - the houses etc

    ReplyDelete