Had a presentation today so the lectureres knew where we were at, I think mine went alright and I didn't receive any negative comments so I think im on the right track with my FMP. I think now that i know what im doing its just crunch time to get things done.
I think my plan now is to figure out how to do water in udk for my river, then afterwards ill try modelling some rocks in zbrush - a program I have never used before.
I think in this project ill make more of an effort using normal mapping which from other projects and in other games are the things that make all the difference in quality. Since mine is quite terrain based I think that it'll be important to get that right.
I only know how to do basic normal mapping - nothing advanced at all so this is something ill have to look into also.
I need to get a proper list down for what im to model and then just do it (while unwrapping along the way), that is my next step and I think I am pretty close to starting on the main production now. Obviously I want this to be the best thing i get out of the course for portfolio and I want more quality to my work than in previous projects.
No comments:
Post a Comment