Sunday, 26 February 2012

Texturing and S'nuff

Right so recently had a presentation, I had doubts about my amount and quality of work before the presentation started and what was said re-enforced my concerns so I know that im on the right track.
Basically I needed to have more of the bigger assets modeled, placed and textures. To be honest I was concerned starting doing this which is why I worked on the smaller things first rather than the correct way of important to less important. Anyway! anyway! I also knew that I had to spend more time on trees to get them nicer looking.

Straight from that I decided to work on my little 'shed' which will have a couple of variations especially for near the fishing piers.
Started with the modelling.


Then continuing with the texturing which went pretty well actually!



Although its still quite plain looking, I think ill have to spread more greens and things around. Obviously these sheds will be full of things so that will aid, also being surrounded by trees and other things to stop it looking nasty, could maybe also make a few little signs which are pinned.






So that was the shed, which I managed to complete in a day, fairly happier with the project now and by doing more of these bigger things it should start to come along nicely.
I continued on the workshop also - i think ill edit this slightly as the colors seem a bit weird. I have kept psd's of my textures so any tweaking will be an easy affair.



Also worked on 'house number 2' which I was happy with, I had the dilemma of windows but I didn't really want the inside visible to the player. In my reference I had a snap of a sort of reed cover which I thought I could place inside the windows. Also had a good reference shot of a door which I used.



And this is everything in scene, I will continue to model and texture the remaining large assets and get them placed. Once this is done I should be able to get a better picture of what my level is going to look like. I will also look into foliage again as they are pretty important, all is going well and I feel a bit boosted to get my things done now! Im feeling a little more confident now and amd looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment